Sunday, February 1, 2015

Blessing your Refrigerator :)

We need/ want things like our refrigerators to last a long time.  They're so expensive to replace.

I bought my refrigerator one year ago and it had become filthy.


This is an upclose of the fridge in ONE spot but the whole thing had gotten like this.
It looked to me like the girls had let a coke burst in there and never wiped it up because it was even on the food items in there.



Here you can see I just used a few items to clean these shelves:

1.  Old toothbrush
2.  Kitchen scrubber
3.  Wet soapy rag/ then rinsed to wipe with
4.  Bleach
5.  Dry towel to wipe everything drive.


Here you can see how clean it is.
I threw away stuff that was outdated or so close to empty that it wasn't worth keeping.


I scrubbed down (with a wet rag) each item before I replaced it in an organized fashion.


Here's the entire refrigerator scrubbed out!  :)
Yes, it's time to go grocery shopping.

I listened to music as I did this and sat in a chair part of the time pulled up to the fridge where it was easier on my back that squatting down.  

It doesn't have a bleach smell but has a clean smell... and ahhh It looks SO MUCH NICER!

I want to take care of what God provides me.
It's not that I'm trying to gain more.. but if we do not take care of what God has given us - then why would He want to give us MORE?  So we could use and abuse it?  Nahhh.

If your fridge is in a big mess, it takes about 30 minutes to do this perfectly.

You'll be SO HAPPY you did!  Every time you, your husband and children open the doors to the fridge it's refreshing.  It's easy to realize they need to clean up a spill.

And another GREAT THING - I can see EXACTLY what I have and what I need to go buy at the grocery store!  :)

Blessings from our home to yours.

2 comments:

  1. ((((Cassidy)))) I've been trying to find you for years and years. You have been on my heart all the time and I do hope that this comment reaches you because the other blogs I've tried have remained without a post. I could go on more and more....but I'll wait and hope that you will let me know you got this. Praying dear friend-- I have so much I want to share. (((hugs))) Tamara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still hoping that you will read this and get in touch with me.

      Delete