Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Serving my family

Earlier this evening I wrote about the oh so messy house and "Am I Enough?"

Well it's almost midnight and I have been relaxing and reading encouraging blogs for Christian mothers and doing laundry, dishes etc..  Doing what I can, when I can, as I can.. just as I stated.

As I said earlier, my husband being very sick, has been making sure dinner is cooked but as I visited the kitchen tonight hungry.. I saw that it was even messier than I realized.

How can he possibly be cooking dinner with nothing clean to even cook in?
It hit me.  He's washing dishes THEN cooking!

So tonight, I am trying to be a servant to my family.  (as mothers and or wives our FIRST mission is our OWN families, please, please never forget or question that)  

I am by NO MEANS bragging on what I'm doing.  I'm only doing what I am SUPPOSED to do.  But I looked in that kitchen and realized how much harder it is for him to make dinner having to first do dishes THEN cook.  He's very very sick and he's still making sure we have dinner.  Some of you may see that as my place but I've had a kidney stone and we work together so we share the household duties as well.  It is what it is...for now.

I unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher to finally clear out one side of the sink.  I'm praying for the strength, no pain and he desire, quite honestly, to get it all clean so that when he wakes up in the morning he walks into a clean kitchen.  NO I'm not doing it so he will come and say what a wonderful wife he has.  (he says that when I'm at my worst)  I want him to wake up and have some stress off his shoulders.  Tonight I am not hurting so much so I am making the best of my time and while I start to grow weary in what I'm doing.. I'm seeking more Christian Mommy blogs to read to encourage me to keep going!

Please, let me encourage you ... Keep going.  It doesn't have to be perfect.  Just keep going.  One foot in front of the other.  One day at a time.  Will I ever arrive?  I doubt it.. but each day I pray that I will remember to be a servant to my family and to put them above myself and do what I can to bless them.  

My oldest has grown up and is off at college.  The next in line is 14.  I look at that and gasp!  I have 4 years left with her before she starts college.  She's one of my best friends EVER and in 4 years that will FLY by she will be spreading her wings!

Back to my point..  something helping me keep going is the knowing that I'm blessing my family AND reading other Christian mother's who are blogging about their normal, less than perfect lives.  Do you have any great blogs like that to share?  Do you write one?  Please comment and share.

I'm giving up on having the perfect house and the perfect ETC but I'm going to do my best for God and for my family... and I'm going to fall down but I pray I will always get back up again and keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment